Program for computing seismic hazard

GMPEs Abrahamson et al. (2016) and Montalva et al (2017) - R-CRISISv18.4.2

GMPEs Abrahamson et al. (2016) and Montalva et al (2017) - R-CRISISv18.4.2

• 1K Views
  • Last Post 24 September 2020
  • Topic Is Solved
Osmar Charca posted this 03 December 2018

Dear  R-CRISIS team, 

I hope you may help me with the following questions:  I want to use the Abrahamson et al. (2016), but there is not a Vs30 value neither the recommended  DeltaC1 values in the built-in model.  Another issue is related to the period range in Montalva et al. (2017). The paper published in the BSSA indicates a period range from 0 to 10s, but in the R-CRISIS built-in model, the period range is from 0.01 to 10s.   Finally, Do you think to include the Zhao et al. (2016) model for subduction earthquakes in later versions?  

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards, 

Osmar Charca

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Content_Manager posted this 05 December 2018

Dear Osmar,

R-CRISIS has two versions of Abrahamson et al. (2016) model, one is a simplified alternative (named Abrahamson et al. (2016) - BCHydro) which does not consider amplifications due to Vs30; there is another one (named Abrahamson et al. (2016) - BCHydro Modified) which is exactly the model presented in the paper.

Regarding the Montalva et al. (2017), we are aware the period range is 0-10s, however, our source code is set up in such way that an spectral period equals to 0.0 would result in an error; for that reason, we adopted 0.01s as PGA. In the following table you can see that spectral periods presented in the paper are the same specified in the R-CRISIS source code.

In section "4.5. GMPM validation tests" of Chapter 4 R-CRISIS Documentation, you can find the validations to this model, so you can be sure it is correctly added.

Thank you for your preference and interest in R-CRISIS.

Best regards,

Osmar Charca posted this 05 December 2018

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for your quick reply, regarding the Abrahamson et al. (2016) model,  I can not find the Abrahamson et al. (2016) - BCHydro Modified. Is there any later version of R-CRISIS v18.4.2 that include BCHydro Modified model? 

Regards, 

Osmar Charca

Content_Manager posted this 06 December 2018

Dear Osmar,

The latest version of R-CRISIS is V18.4.2 and you should have available the Abrahamson et al. (2016) - BCHydro Modified model. I suggest you to reinstall the program to discard any installation error. Before reinstalling R-CRISIS, be sure you do not have any previous version installed.

If you continue having this problem, please specify us the Operating System in which you are running R-CRISIS and we will check this issue.

We apologize for the problems generated to you.

Thank you for your interest in R-CRISIS.

Best regards,

Osmar Charca posted this 06 December 2018

Dear Sebastian,

I uninstall all previous versions and reinstall R-CRISIS v18.4.2, but I am still can not find the Abrahamson et al. (2016) - BCHydro Modified model. I am running R-CRISIS on Windows 10 (64 bits).

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Osmar Charca

Content_Manager posted this 06 December 2018

Dear Osmar,

We have found the problem and the technical team is working on it. For a quick solution, please follow these instructions:

1. Close R-CRISIS if you are running it.

2. Download the CrisisGMPM.ini file from this link.

3. Unzip the file and paste (and replace) this file in the R-CRISIS installation folder (e.g. in my computer, the folder is C:\Program Files\ERN\R-CRISIS)

4. Open R-CRISIS and verify if Abrahamson et al. (2016) - BCHydro Modified is now available.

Regarding Zhao et al. (2016) model, we are working to include it in further versions.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you continue having problems with this.

We apologize for the problems caused to you.

Thank for your interest in R-CRISIS.

Best regards,

Osmar Charca posted this 24 September 2020

Estamado Sebastian,

Tengo una consulta adicional respecto a este tema, me ayudaría mucho tus comentarios.

Instalé la ultima versión del R-CRISIS V20. en Windows 10, pero continuo con el problema de no encontrar en la librería de GMMs el modelo "Abrahamson et al. (2016) - BCHydro Modified", solo encuentro el modelo "Abrahamson et al. (2016)" donde no se puede especificar el Vs30.  

Quise  copiar el archivo "CrisisGMPM.ini" que nos proporcionaste para solucionar el problema en la versión V.18.4.2, pero no se si sea adecuado hacerlo en la versión V20.0.

Gracias de antemano por tiempo.

Un saludo,

Osmar

Content_Manager posted this 24 September 2020

Buenas tardes estimado Osmar,

De antemano, le ofrezco una disculpa por los inconvenientes que este tema le ha generado, ya reporté el error y lo están corrigiendo.

El error es mínimo y no hay necesidad de descargar nuevamente el programa, solamente le pido el favor de seguir las siguientes instrucciones:

1. Cierre el programa R-CRISIS

2. En la carpeta de instalación del R-CRISIS, busque el archivo CrisisGMPM.ini

3. Abra el archivo CrisisGMPM.ini con el editor de texto

4. Agregue una línea al final del archivo y pegue el siguiente texto:

Crisis2008.GMPE_ModExtra.BCHydro2012Modified,Crisis2008.GMPE_ModExtra

5. Guarde los cambios en el archivo CrisisGMPM.ini

6. Abra nuevamente el R-CRISIS y ya estará disponible el modelo de atenuación de Abrahamson et al. (2016) con la opción del Vs30.

En caso de que tenga problemas, no dude en ponerse en contacto con nostros.

Le agradezco su preferencia y su interés en el R-CRISIS.

Saludos,

Close