I'm currently using R-CRISIS for my MASc thesis. I'm assessing the seismic resilience of a spatially distributed public school building portfolio (over 1,000 buildings across around 200 sites) in 2 cities in Metro Manila, Philippines. In order to accurately select ground motion that represent regional seismicity at 5 (or more) intensity levels, I need to get a proper UHS at these 5 intensity levels. Currently, the Philippine government has released a PSHA with GEM's OpenQuake (https://hazard.openquake.org/
- Defined the regional map, site locations, source geometry,
- Created a hybrid GMPM from 6 using weights assigned in the PHL model
- Defined the G-R seismicity data for both faults that run through Metro Manila with G-R
- Defined the spectral ordinates - periods of interest to be able to compare with the existing PSHA information
- Created the AME file for computation of multiple scenarios - using a single model
Questions that I could not find on the forums:
- When defining the spectral ordinates - I have changed the default values as 0.01 and 1 for the limits on the intensity level (units in terms of g) to 0.001 and 2.5. I just converted gal to g. I have read the documentation and don't really understand if I should be adjusting this depending on the GMPMs used. Is this valid?
- The scale of the seismic hazard map appears to just be intensity units normalized to 2.22 for T=0.2s. Can the results here be interpreted directly as Sa(T) and PGA being closest to Intensity = Sa(0.01s)? If I change the intensity level limits to 0.01 and 1g, then I get max values near the fault close to 1g. It appears as if the Sa is just relative to the max. How do I interpret this?
- Site Effects - I don't understand the documentation for how to format the text file to input into the Vs30 site effects conversion tool would it just simply be 3 columns: Latitude, Longitude, and Vs30? .txt or CSV files aren't working when I try to upload them. I get the error message "File C:\...\VS30.ft does not exist No existe el archivo C:\...\VS30.grd" When I tried converting the .ft and .grd CAPRA island sample site effects files I get errors reading the file.
- What am I supposed to do with the generated event catalog's at the different specified duration (I'm assuming these are just rupture scenarios for a specified return period)?
- DEM - I currently do not have access to the government's SRTM DEM (the publicly available file does not convert) Are there ways I can specify the elevation at each of the grid sites via other means?
- I have emailed ERN to get access to R-CAPRA to view the exported files, with no response - Is there any way I can access/ view the exported R-CRISIS files? I'm trying to use golden Surfer to view the disaggregation maps .grd files but I get the error "The X minimum and/or maximum parameters in the file header are not valid"
Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!