Program for computing seismic hazard

Variability of Z2.5 in R-CRISIS for Attenuation Models

Variability of Z2.5 in R-CRISIS for Attenuation Models

• Last Post 23 May 2020
  • Topic Is Solved
OSCAR RODRIGUEZ posted this 13 May 2020

Dear R-CRISIS team,

Please let me know if in R-CRISIS there is a way to implement the Z2.5 value that varies from computation site to computation site. Currently it is possible to specify just a mean value in the field Z2.5 in the window "Attenuation Model Section" for whole project area using the model of Campbell and Bozorgnia 2014 for instance.

I appreciate your help. Thanks so much.

Best,

Oscar Rodriguez.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Content_Manager posted this 19 May 2020

Dear Oscar,

The Z2.5 parameter is only available for those GMPEs that include it in their calculations, for example, Campbell and Bozorgnia (2014). R-CRISIS attenuation models are implemented in the same way the authors do in their papers, we do not make any modifications.

If you want to consider site effects in your study area, you may build a site effects grid based on the Z2.5 parameter. For more information about site effects grid, you may look for this topic in the R-CRISIS Help Menu.

Thank you for your preference and interest in R-CRISIS.

Best regards,

OSCAR RODRIGUEZ posted this 22 May 2020

Dear Sebastian,

Thanks so much for your support. Your advice is helpful. In case to use the site effects approach, Do I need to define one Fundamental Period File per spectral period? For the Amplification Factors File, I suppose that NT=1 but, what would be the value for this ground motion level? 0?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,

Oscar Rodríguez.

OSCAR RODRIGUEZ posted this 23 May 2020

Dear Sebastian,

I proved the site effects approach setting NT=1 and the ground motion level = 0. Actually the value you set for the ground motion level does not matter. R-CRISIS uses the assigned amplification factor with out consider any ground level.

Best,

Oscar.

Close