Program for computing seismic hazard

Uniform Hazard Spectrum for 43 and 2475 years return period

Uniform Hazard Spectrum for 43 and 2475 years return period

• 3.4K Views
  • Last Post 18 December 2018
  • Topic Is Solved
Kirk Aguel posted this 16 June 2018

Hi All,

I am trying to come up with a UHS for service level and MCE level earthquake with 43 and 2475 years return period respectively to be used as target design spectra for a Performance Based Design evaluation of building is this possible to get from Crisis?

Your advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Content_Manager posted this 18 June 2018

Dear Kirk,

R-CRISIS is an analysis tool to asses the Seismic Hazard based on a model built by you, the program does not have pre-loaded models. Once the seismic model is defined and ran without errors, you may get the UHS for the required return periods from See hazard maps menu:

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt.

Thank you for your interest in R-CRISIS.

Best regards,

Kirk Aguel posted this 19 June 2018

Thank you Sebastian for your reply.

I understand now that R-crisis can output a uniform hazard spectrum to any return period specified by the user but is it capable to save the format in excel file so that it can be used in another software as target design spectrum for further selection and scaling of ground motions?

Content_Manager posted this 19 June 2018

Dear Kirk,

That is correct, R-CRISIS is capable to save the UHS you require in a text file readable by Excel. For that, and prior running your model, you have to specify the return periods you are going to asses in the Global parameters menu:

Later, you have to check the *.map box within Input -> Set output files (optional) menu:

Now, R-CRISIS will provide you a file with *.map extension (contained in the same location where you have saved the *.DAT file) with the UHS, for each return period you defined, at each point you requested the analysis (grid points or cities).

Best regards,

Kirk Aguel posted this 22 June 2018

Thank you Sebastian your reply was very much appreciated.

Follow up question though, is R-crisis also capable to output conditional mean spectra (CMS)?

Best regards,

Content_Manager posted this 22 June 2018

Dear Kirk,

R-CRISIS is not capable to output Conditional Mean Spectra (CMS), however, I will address your comment to Dr. Mario Ordaz (R-CRISIS developer) and perhaps, for a further version, it will be implemented.

Best regards,

Kirk Aguel posted this 24 June 2018

Thank you very much Sebastian that would be a great enhancement to R-Crisis program

• Liked by
  • Content_Manager
Falak posted this 15 December 2018

The UHS that I am getting has lowest value for T=0.01 s. It does not give the PHA value for T=0s (ie. PGA value actually). How can I solve this?

Content_Manager posted this 18 December 2018

Dear Falak,

For the most of GMPEs, R-CRISIS considers T=0.01s as PGA (i.e. T=0.0s). R-CRISIS does not allow periods equal to zero for programing reasons.

To be sure of that, please specify which attenuation models you are using and I can verify, for each model, which period is interpreted as PGA.

Sorry for the problems this causes to you.

Thank you for your preference and interest in R-CRISIS.

Best regards,

Close