Program for computing seismic hazard

Toro 2002 GMPE sigma

Toro 2002 GMPE sigma

• 1.5K Views
  • Last Post 18 January 2023
  • Topic Is Solved
Jackeline posted this 18 February 2019

Dear R-CRISIS team,

I would like to know if is possible to create an attenuation table where the sigma values are dependent on periods, magnitudes and distances in the same time. For example, Toro 2002 (TEA97') GMPE, the sigma values depend on period, magnitude and distance. Is the attenuation table format available in R-Crisis also suitable for these cases?

Thank you for your support.

Regards

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Content_Manager posted this 11 March 2019

Dear Jackeline,

The attenuation table is able to specify sigma values dependent of period and magnitude, but not for distance. In this case, It would be necessary to build a new class for R-CRISIS source code.

On the other hand, I do not fully understand your question because you talk about two different models, Toro (2002) and TEA97; Toro et al. (1997) model is already included in R-CRISIS (see below) but Toro (2002) is not. Please, provide me the full reference of Toro (2002) and maybe it will be included in further versions.

I will be attentive to your reply.

Thank you for your preference and interest in R-CRISIS.

Best regards,

Jackeline posted this 12 March 2019

Dear R-CRISIS team,

Actually, I am talking about the Toro (2002), i.e. T02. And, now I have confirmed from your answer that Attenuation table form is not available for this type of standard deviation (simultaneously depend on magnitudes, periods and distances).

Further, I would like to know how did you implement the standard deviation of the TEA97 (Toro et al. 1997) in this R-Crisis code? Because it also depends on magnitudes, periods and distances.

On the other hand, I did not understand if I have to build a new class for R-CRISIS source code? And, in this case, whether there is any instruction.

I very appreciate your help.

Regards,

Jackeline Huertas

Content_Manager posted this 12 March 2019

Dear Jackeline,

Just to verify, is this the correct reference of Toro (2002)? 

Toro, G. R. (2002). Modification of the Toro et al. (1997) attenuation equations for large magnitudes and short distances. Risk Engineering, Inc.

I want to be sure to address the correct information to the technical team which is in charge to add new GMPEs to R-CRISIS.

Regarding Toro et al. (1997), it was developed directly in the source code, therefore, there are more tools available to work with compared with the attenuation table solution. I assure you that it was built in accordance with the authors' paper.

I will inform you if this new GMPE will be included in further versions.

Thank you for your preference and interest in R-CRISIS.

Best regards,

• Liked by
  • Jackeline
Jackeline posted this 12 March 2019

Dear R-CRISIS team,

Thank you for your answer. So, you are sure, the reference of the T02 is correct. The modification in the last version is in the distance expression. However, the standard deviation is the same in both versions.

Please, Can you detail me about the other tool available for implementing GMPEs in R-Crisis?

Thank you for your quick response and help with my questions.

Jackeline Huertas 

Content_Manager posted this 12 March 2019

Dear Jackeline,

In R-CRISIS installation path, there is a folder named GMPE Tutorial. There, you will find the Visual Basic project (.sln) and all necessary libraries. Additionally, you wild find an example of GMPE class (SabetaPugliese.vb). Once you have built the new class, please share it with us to include in the next version of R-CRISIS.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best regards,

• Liked by
  • Jackeline
JoseLlamocca posted this 18 January 2023

Dear R-CRISIS team,

The VB project, all necessary libraries an the example of GMPE class are not found in the installation path. Can you tell me how to get these resources? I would like to implement new GMPEs in R-CRISIS, too.

Regards,

Jose Llamocca

Close